Students from TBC shine at the Appathon Competition 2015 as 1st runners-up
Microsoft Innovation Center Nepal and UNDP Nepal jointly organised a three day appathon an application development competition at Mirabel Resort, Dhulikhel from October 9-11. 80 participants selected from the pool of 4000 initial applicants in a three day residential competition where they had to develop an application that could aid reconstruction process in Nepal. The top prize went to the team of three students from the Team CAICAS and the students from The British College (Team Code Nepal) came runners-up and the students from the ASCOL College came second runners up.
The top six was chosen by a team of independent jury who judged the participating team on the basis of the idea of the application, its implementation and completeness of the application, presentation and team participation. From semi-finals of top six groups to the top three and finally achieving runners up position were students Milan Khanal, Raghav Sharma, Gaurav Shrestha, Abhijeet Sah of team Code Nepal. The students had to co-collaborate and code, get mentorship from the mentors and turn their innovative ideas into reality through the application and present them to the jury.
Team Code Nepal from The British College developed an application named V-HUB a social hub to connect volunteers and organisation, where they could get a chance to interact with volunteers and as well as get points and rewards and notifications of any volunteering opportunities once the user signs up with the application.
The winning teams were awarded Rs. 2 lakh and the runners up were awarded Rs. 1 lakh and the second runners up were awarded Rs. 50,000 respectively.
Created at: 2015-10-15 03:11:55Categories:
- Five Students from The British College Selected for International Internships in Germany and Thailand
- ACCA Orientation Programme 2023
- BMC Annual Sports Meet 2023
- Basketball Tournament Press Release
- BPC Students Break Records
- British College Hosts Successful Alumni Meet 2023
- The British College Announces Launch of Groundbreaking IT Programmes
- BMC Science & Arts Expo 2022
- IT BOOTCAMP on Data Science - Reflection
- Skill Boosters: Guest Speaker Lectures at the British Model College