About the Course
The BBA (Hons) Business and Management degree, offered in partnership with the University of the West of England, UK, is a multidisciplinary programme that leads to a wealth of career options, both in the private and public sector.
The course provides a holistic view of business management while aiming to help students to develop detailed knowledge of the latest business and management practices. The participative and interactive teaching and learning methodologies provide students with the practical competencies necessary for achieving business success, whilst the analytical and enquiring approach in the analysis of business problems, helps students to communicate effectively in a variety of forms.
Throughout the course, students will have the choice of a wide selection of modules which have been designed to provide them with a strong foundation in business, whilst developing their ability to work effectively within a group. Moreover, students will develop essential skills - including problem solving, decision making, and communication - whilst in a disciplined and structured environment.
“Innovate for Impact”
And now students on the BBA will also have the chance to take part in our newly launched “Innovate for Impact” project! The aim of this course map project is to facilitate students in becoming sustainable leaders who can think about how they can make an impact while experiencing the BBA curriculum, and become socially responsible entrepreneurs who are ready to create meaningful change in the world. Read all about it here.
- Providing a critical understanding of organisations, their management and the changing external environment in which they operate.
- An informed understanding of critical contemporary business issues and theoretical debates, including ethics & ethical decision-making, sustainability, and global citizenship.
- A critical appreciation and understanding of a broad range of locally and globally inter-related Business & Management issues.
- A capacity to develop and apply perspectives and approaches to appreciate, understand, and deal with uncertainty and complexity on a local and global level.
On successful completion of the BBA course, students will be able to demonstrate:
- a critical understanding of organisations, their management and the changing external environment in which they operate.
- attributes and skills necessary for a career in business and management.
- an analytical and enquiring approach in the analysis of business problems so that considered and appropriate conclusions are drawn – which can be communicated effectively in a variety of forms.
- an informed understanding of critical contemporary business issues and theoretical debates, including ethics & ethical decision-making, sustainability and global citizenship.
- a strong sense of self and the life-long learning skills to make an ongoing contribution to society at large.
- a critical appreciation and understanding of a broad range of locally and globally inter-related Business & Management issues
- a capacity to develop and apply creative and their own perspectives and approaches to appreciate, understand and deal with uncertainty and complexity on a local and global level
Saurav SatyalProgramme Leader (BBA)
Why BBA (Hons) Business and Management at The British College?
- Study for a whole semester in either Thailand, Maldives, or Vietnam through our Transnational Exchange Programme (TNE)
- Study in Nepal and gain an Internationally recongised degree from a top British university for a fraction of the cost
- Have the chance to go to Dubai with our International Mobility Programme (IMP) - a cultural exchange initiative where students get to enjoy a new country whilst benefiting from global exposure and networking opportunities
- Benefit from a course framework that has been designed around Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
To qualify for the foundation programme you must have one of the following:
- 10+2/CBSE or equivalent
- 60% (GPA 2.4) or above aggregate score
- A Level (minimum 3.5 credits with 3 full credits)*
*Any other qualification must be approved by the Programme Leader before being accepted
- Pass TBC Foundation Programme
- Overall 75% & above with a minimum of 70% in English or;
- 120 UCAS points
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (with no skill below 5.5)
*Any other qualification must be approved by the Programme Leader before being accepted
Students will be fully equipped to create their own company or progress to a career in roles such as (but not limited to):
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
- Customer Relations
As a recent graduate of The British College, I look back on my time there with great fondness and I am grateful for the opportunities it provided me to grow both academically and personally. The education I received was exceptional, with knowledgeable and dedicated teachers who made the lessons both informative and enjoyable. TBC was not just a place to learn, but a place to grow as a person. The opportunities to participate in various clubs and activities allowed me to meet new people and expand my horizons and overall, my experience at The British College was incredibly fulfilling.
Learning is a force of nature and so it should be multi-dimensional. This is what I have learnt from my time at The British College wherein my academic journey was shaped by the expertise and worldly experience of my professors, by the impeccable assistance of the student service department, and most importantly by my peers whose own pursuit of excellence still pushes me to question the narrative and encourage me to be better than I was yesterday.
I am currently an MSc Advanced Marketing Management Student at Lancaster University which runs a highly intensive programme. As such, I constantly find myself reflecting upon the foundation of skills, learnings, and experience that I built as a TBC student, which was only exemplified by the invaluable academic resources made accessible to me by the University of the West of England.
When I look back, I feel fortunate to have made a smart investment in my education by choosing The British College and am grateful for an experience that I shall take with me wherever I go. The future is forged by the past, so it's only wise to choose where you want yours to be!
From the moment I entered the College premises, it felt like being home - with everything I could possibly need and imagine. However, I believe that it all starts with oneself. Everything is a result of taking your own initiative, because until and unless you’re sure of your choices none of these external factors will work, even if they’re the best in the world. And that is why I appreciate the amount of guidance on every aspect of life that we as students receive at The British College.
The BBA program at The British College provided me with a breadth of knowledge on all the important aspects of a business. Through the 4-years degree, we were introduced to topics such as marketing, strategy, operations, entrepreneurship, finance, managing change that really set the foundational level for my further studies and understanding of the market.
The program emphasizes on providing practical experiences through case studies assessments, real-life projects and simulations, group assignments, intercollege competitions, presentations and research work.
Along the way, I was able to garner additional hard and soft skills that the course demanded. The support I got for my academic success from my professors was immaculate. With an international degree, I was able to stand out in the job market, secure internships in different departments; communications, research, HR in private and non-profit organizations and was able to explore my interests which led me to pursue a Master’s degree in International and Development Economics at the University of San Francisco.
In 2018, I lacked enthusiasm for education because of my failures in CA. However, to discard my frustration, I wanted to join such college encouraged and uplifted me every day to do better. Hence, in this conquest, I came across The BritishCollege which has the world class international degree from the United Kingdom.
Since the day I stepped in the college, I saw a different yet unique culture where students not only came to do general studying and researching activities but the college enabled them be confident and courageous enough to critically reflect on all their activities whether it be in their academics or in their personal lives.
With the exclusive and duly curated course of BBA(Hons.) Business and Management program - the motivating support from our faculties, inspirations from my seniors and the encouragement and aspirations of my friends – I graduated with flying colors and conquer my failures firstly by accepting my inabilities and finally realizing my capabilities. I can proudly say that The British College has given me the acquaintance to present myself with confidence and enthusiasm to face the greatest challenges ahead with the greatest of my mind from the greatest of my thoughts.
The Four precious years I spent on The British College has been a great journey which has enabled me to touch new horizons. My past failures as well as disappointing grades on my A-levels had plummeted my confidence and my life was filled with self-doubt. I wondered if given the opportunity, I would be grateful to ascend the stairs towards my dream and ambitions and I would invest all my efforts. For this, being a part of The British College was a truly a god send for me because the courses and the faculty members were very helpful in boosting my confidence levels.
I also got to expand my network with people from different walks of life which has helped me immensely in my socialization skills as well as to empathize to become a better human being. For someone who feared going in front of crowds and speaking up, today I have the skillsets which has helped me in my job to do client dealings professionally. Coming to the British College was one of the best decisions ever!
Find out more about the course structure of this programme.