About the Course
The BSc (Hons) Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence, is a course run in partnership with The University of the West of England, UK, that gives students the unique opportunity to gain a British degree from right here in Nepal.
This flexible, employer-focused programme in Computer Science uses modern teaching methods to guide students in the use of complex algorithms. Learners on the course will further be taught how to explore big data and implement software on state-of-the-art platforms. Students will also have the chance to choose from suitably designed and selected modules that offer them the opportunity to specialise their knowledge in evolving fields such as Smart Devices.
At the end of the course, graduates will leave with a solid understanding of the basic tools and concepts of modern AI and Data Analytics and be ready to meet the worldwide skills shortage in this area - making them valuable candidates for both the home and the overseas educational market.
- Develop lifelong learning skills in order to contribute to your profession and society, through both research and practice.
- Become a competent software developer who can explore and make use of new technologies as they emerge
- Apply Artificial Intelligence concepts and techniques to offer innovative solutions to problems or to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems.
- Be able to recognise security threats and their implications, plan actions and design systems to manage them.
- Be able to make a significant contribution as a member of a team in the development of computer-based systems, offering solutions in a range of application areas.
- Respond to and act upon the ethical, legal and professional implications that may occur in the workplace.
- Be equipped to understand and respond to the changing needs of industry and society.
Why BSc (Hons) Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence at The British College?
- Leading-edge AI education with experienced faculty, with an advanced curriculum which spans machine learning, NLP, and robotics, preparing students for a dynamic industry
- We emphasize practical learning with advanced labs for real-world application of AI theory
- Our industry connections offer students valuable internships and job prospects, giving them a competitive edge in the market
- Through international partnerships, students explore Artificial Intelligence under the guidance of leading experts, fostering a truly global mindset
To qualify for the foundation programme you must have one of the following:
- 10+2/CBSE or equivalent
- 60% (GPA 2.4) or above aggregate score
- A Level (minimum 3.5 credits with 3 full credits)*
*Any other qualification must be approved by the Programme Leader before being accepted
- Pass TBC Foundation Programme
- Overall 75% & above with a minimum of 70% in English or;
- 120 UCAS points with a Minimum of 96 points from 3 A Level subjects (Excluding General Studies)
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (with no skill below 5.5)
On completion of the programme, students may proceed to a postgraduate course in a related subject area. The British College also has a number of industry links through which students can obtain placement opportunities. Alternately, our students will be fully equipped to create their own company or progress to a career in roles such as (but not limited to):
Find out more about the course structure of this programme.