Research and Development Unit of The British College has been established to organize, coordinate and/or stimulate scientific research in the field of business, management and IT.
The aim of the unit is to provide a platform for faculty members, students, and staff for their research projects and activities which will help establish and strengthen the research culture in Nepal.
Categories of R&D Unit:
- Internal Research
- Internally, handles all the undergraduate and post-graduate academic programs, which are focused on supervising of students for their Dissertation and Consultancy project.
- External Research
- Externally, promotes and monitors faculties wanting to do their respective research in their areas of interest
- Besides, it along with concerned researcher will be responsible for preparing proposals to external grant opportunities
- The TRDC will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of projects/ grants once awarded
- Provide education/training/open platform for post-graduate and undergraduate students for their final Dissertation or Consultancy project
- Promote and facilitate collaborative and/or interdisciplinary research and enhancement of research networking capacity and infrastructure
- Encourage Academic Management and Faculties to get involved into research project aiming to publish the journal in the wider range of online platforms
- Contribute to the college’s strategic educational and research mission that supports the inter-link between research, teaching, learning and development
- Contribute college’s mission of achieving mission of achieving AACSB accreditation
- Knowledge transfer and implementation of research finding into the society for its benefit via appropriate mechanism.
- Enhance the status of its members, academic units and entire college through its quality of work
- Research and Innovation platform that TRDC provides are for Academic Management and Full-time faculties of TBC
- Faculty may be involved in one or more research projects under TRDC
- Inter-Disciplinary Research: Faculty may work with one or more members within one department
- Intra- Disciplinary Research: Faculty may work with two different departments
- Multi-Disciplinary Research: Faculty may work with three or more departments
- Inter-Institutional Research: Faculty may work with multiple universities of national and international level