Holiday Mental Health Survival Tips
Published on: 2022-10-01 04:01:44
Festivals can be a magical time for many but they can also be a very stressful time for some. It is normal to feel overwhelmed with stress during the festival season. So, take this festival season to ramp up your self-care while also raising awareness with family and friends. Remember, at this time more than ever - it is important to prioritise our mental health and wellbeing.
Make Healthy Holiday Boundaries:
- Spend time with supportive people
- Be empowered to skip, go late, or leave early
- Don't try to control what other people eat, drink, wear, say or do
- Say “YES” because you want to, not out of obligation or to please others
- Say “NO” without guilt
Quick Self-Care Ideas
- Try taking at least a ten-minute power nap if you are feeling tired
- Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Make a habit of stretching or going for a walk when you can
- Give time to watching your favourite tv shows, reading books, or listening to music by yourself
- Stay in touch with your close friends and family, ensure you are communicating with them and make sure to check in at the same time
Happy Minds will not be operating between the 1st and 8th of October for Dashin.
However, if you are in need of immediate support, then please contact the Holidays Hotline on 9801031442
We wish you and your family a prosperous Dashain
- Mental Health Maintenance
- Preparing for University: How A Levels Can Help You Succeed
- Choosing the Best College for A Levels in Kathmandu
- My Journey at BMC
- Mental Health Issues Affect Men Differently
- Ask the Alumni
- “New Year, New Me”
- The British College Experience
- TBC has World Cup Fever!
- VAMOS, BMC!