International Foundation Programme - UWE
On 17th March 2022, the University of the West of England (UWE) approved the delivery of two new foundation programmes at The British College, which will be offered from September 2022:
FdCert International Foundation (Computing)
FdCert International Foundation (Business)
New Programme Aims
These programmes are a part of a suite of undergraduate computer science and business management courses that form the foundation year (year 0) of a four-year BSc/BBA degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, and Business and Management.
The primary aim of the foundation year is to prepare students for further study at levels 4 - 6 on their chosen course by giving them a solid foundation in the knowledge and skills required to commence to level 4 (year 1 of an undergraduate degree).
It is recognised that students commencing study at the foundation level will not have the requisite qualifications or standards required for admission at level 4, or may be returning to study after a long break.
Successful Foundation students will progress to BSc/BBA programmes within Leeds Beckett University or the University of the West of England (or other institutions of higher education) and thus gain valuable degrees in their chosen areas of interest.
Recent results show that students who do well on the Foundation course invariably graduate with higher classification degrees in their chosen subject than those who enter at level 4.
Full-time Undergraduate students will study 120 credits per year. The Foundation year does not offer students any optional or elective modules.
For the computing award, the subject menu is restricted to those aspects of basic computer science, computer systems, and mathematics.
For the business award, the subject menu offers aspects of basic accounting, marketing, economics, and statistics.
Both awards offer academic and effective communication which will provide a solid platform for further study.
Created at: 2022-03-29 06:13:17Categories:
- Early Bird Discount | Receive a 50% Waiver on Your First Year Tuition Fees
- TBC Industry Advisors, Prof Tim Gocher has been awarded an OBE by Queen Elizabeth II of England
- British Mountaineer Adrianna Brownleee gave a Talk at The British Model College
- A Level Students Take a Tour of Chitwan
- TBC Nominated for the CSA Programme
- Sexual Assault and Harassament: How to Give & Receive Help
- The British Professional College World Topper Does It Again
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 24th May
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 20th May
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 18th May