About the Course
The BSc (Hons) Hospitality Business Management (BHM) programme is run in partnership with Leeds Beckett, UK and gives students the unique opportunity to gain a British degree from right here in Nepal.
This course has been designed to engage, enable, and challenge students to become creative, entrepreneurial, and critically informed dynamic graduates - who can excel in their chosen field of work or progress to further study within hospitality business management.
Central to the course is the strong links between theory and practice, and so carefully designed authentic assessments and student‐tutor interaction is at the heart of the student experience. Through this, students are developed into critically evaluative, resilient, and reflective practitioners who are able to think in a cognitively complex way and communicate successfully in order to have influence within hospitality organisations.
The learning and teaching activities throughout the course will enable students to be able to design and implement new and innovative products, services, and solutions, which will be of benefit to the hospitality industry - so upon graduation, they will be able to become successful hospitality business managers in an increasingly complex, globalised world.
- Diverse teaching methods are used throughout the course - including lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, practicals, and fieldwork.
- A fully equipped kitchen and restaurant are available on campus for practical learning.
- A safe and creative learning environment is provided throughout the course.
- Students are required to complete Professional and Academic Success modules - at both Level 4 and 5, where they choose a research method and are responsible for justifying this choice.
- As students’ progress through the course, they are encouraged to become increasingly independent learners and thinkers.
Jeetendra RokayaProgramme Leader (BHM)
To qualify for the BHM programme you must have one of the following:
- 10+2/CBSE or equivalent
- 60% (GPA 2.4) or above aggregate score
- English Grade of at least 70% or;
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (with no skill below 5.5)
*Any other qualification must be approved by the Programme Leader before being accepted
On completion of the programme students may also proceed to a postgraduate course in a related subject area. The British College also has a number of industry links through which students can obtain placement opportunities. Alternately, our students will be fully equipped to create their own company or progress to a career in roles such as (but not limited to):
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
For me “More than a College” isn’t just a slogan at The British College - it’s a reality. Studying the BHM has given me the opportunity to meet with dynamic and distinguished faculty, who have provided me with constant guidance to help me develop into a true professional.
Find out more about the course structure of this programme.