The MSc in Advanced Computer Science gives the in-depth knowledge and cutting-edge skills required for careers where advanced computer systems are used to solve difficult business goals. It further enables students to control complex processes and equipment, and undertake deep and detailed analysis, management, and presentation of data.
The rising profile of AI, global cyber security, social media safety, and tech’s role in understanding and tackling some of society’s biggest challenges, such as climate change and pandemic modelling, is fuelling the demand and interest in computer science. As such the course covers a wide range of practical skills and theory.
In the first part of the programme, you will study eight modules over two semesters and in the second part, you will have the choice to either undertake a formal academic project supervised by academic staff or to take an industry placement. In both options, you will apply the skills you have learned throughout the taught modules.
- Gain advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of internet technologies, software development, and intelligent systems.
- Develop the practical skills that are necessary for the design, build, deployment and evaluation of distributed information systems and complex, internet-enabled business applications.
- Learn many techniques, including manipulating large amounts of data, designing and building large applications, leveraging and provisioning cloud services, and developing autonomous systems.
- Gain the skills needed to become a technology consultant through the dedicated modules where you are taught and assessed through applying your learning to real-world problems.
Pre-Masters : A Bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised university
Duration : Pre-Masters + 3 Semesters
Direct Entry : A pass in TBC’s Pre-Masters degree and IELTS 6.0 with no skills below 5.5
(Students meeting university entry criteria can join directly to the University programme)
Work Experience : At least 2 years managerial work experience following completion of Bachelors
Specific roles related to this course include (but are not limited to):
- Application or Business Analyst
- Computer Programmer, Systems Specialist, or Service Assistant
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Engineering, Project, Senior Technical, or Information Systems Manager
- Head of Development
- IT Consultant or Developer
- Mobile, Software, or Systems Developer
- Technical Consultant