The Student Services Manager plays a pivotal role in enhancing the overall student experience at The British College. This position is responsible for overseeing various student support and services functions, ensuring that students have the resources, guidance, and support they need to succeed academically and personally. The Student Services Manager collaborates with faculty, staff, and other departments to foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide comprehensive support services to students to address their academic, personal, and social needs, including academic advising, career counseling, mental health resources, and more.
- Oversee and coordinate student services programs, workshops, orientations, and events that enhance student engagement and success.
- Provide personalized academic advising to help students set educational goals, choose appropriate courses, and develop academic plans.
- Handle sensitive situations and student crises, connecting students to appropriate resources and support services as needed.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to address student concerns, streamline communication, and ensure a seamless support system.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve student retention rates and overall satisfaction.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to create an inclusive campus environment that supports all students.
- Serve as an advocate for student needs and concerns within the college administration and participate in student-focused committees or task forces
- Maintain accurate student records and data related to support services, advising interactions and program outcomes.
- Stay current with trends in student affairs, higher education, and counseling practices through professional development opportunities.
- Manage the budget for student services programs, ensuring efficient and effective allocation of resources.
- Lead and mentor a team of student services staff, providing guidance, training and professional development opportunities.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Student Affairs or a related field.
- Years of experience in student services, academic advising or related roles within a college or university setting.
- Knowledge of best practices in student affairs and experience working with diverse student populations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Empathy, patience and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Application Process: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please include "Student Services Manager Application" in the subject line. Applications must be received by September 30, 2023.