TBC Refund Policy
TBC Refund Policy
- Fees are non-refundable if, after the commencement of the course, the student stops attending or leaves the course before its completion or is suspended by the College owing to non-attendance, misconduct, etc.
- Nepalese students may claim a refund of the course fee paid (less administrative charge of NPR 20,000) provided written notice of cancellation is received by the college at least one month before the commencement date of the course. If the notice is not received in time, the applicable year's fees will be deducted before a refund is made.
- Should a student become ill and be forced to withdraw from the course, a refund will be provided of the next semester (NOT the current) once medical certificates and a certified letter from a licensed doctor is submitted to the College. Alternatively, a student may defer the rest of their course to a later date, at the discretion of the College.
- On the student’s request and recommendations by the Course Leader, the fees may be referred to the course commencing at a later date, up to a maximum of one semester.
- International students requiring a student visa to enter Nepal may claim a refund of the tuition fee paid (less administrative charge of NPR 20,000) only if their visa application has been refused and the College informed of the refusal prior to the commencement of the course. The application for a refund must be accompanied by an original copy of the refusal letter from the Nepalese Embassy, copies of all the pages of the passport and the original documents of admission issued by the College. If the College is informed of the refusal after the commencement of the course, the applicable year’s fees would be deducted. After the commencement of any semester, the tuition fee for the year is not refundable and visa refusal during the semester entitles the student to a refund of the fees for subsequent years only.
- Full fees are refundable if for any reason the course is not conducted by the College.
- A minimum of 4 weeks is needed for the processing of refunds.
- No interest is paid on any refund payments.
- No refunds are due where the student has postponed the commencement of their course.
- If the visa authorities are supplied with fake papers, documents, and subsequently the visa is refused, no refund will be made.
- All refunds are made subject to the prior approval of the CEO.
- The College reserves the right to withdraw an advertised course for which insufficient numbers of students enroll and to close any class if low number attending makes it no longer viable.
* No refund will be made:
- If a student has attended any part of the course and thereafter withdraws from the course.
- If the refund request is submitted one year from the date of the initial payment, at the discretion of management, a late request may be considered if the student has previously advised us (in writing) that they are appealing the refusal of their visa application.
* In order to claim a refund of tuition fees the student or sponsor must meet the following conditions:
- Advise the college (Programme Leader) in writing of withdrawal from the course (‘withdrawal/deferral from programme’ form) one month before the start date of the course.
- Return their student ID card and other TBC property
* Deferment Charges are non-refundable:
- Refunds will be made to the person or organisation that initially made the payment on receipt of all original documents and meeting all the above conditions, not to the third parties.