Earthquake Drill at TBC
There will be no time to think what to do; therefore, of all earthquake-preparedness measures, EARTHQUAKE DRILLS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT.
On that note, we had the Earthquake Drill today. The drill went incredibly well and shows that the entire college (both staff and students) should and will react sensibly and maturely during an actual emergency. The main aim of the Earthquake Drill was to get the students to understand they must respond to the sound of the college emergency alarm and also to identify the outside classroom meeting spot and first aid knowledge.
Safety chant taught to the students was: if inside, drop, cover and hold. That’s where you’ll be the most safe. After the shock, evacuate slowly and steadily to an open space. If outside, stay outside, and find an open space. DO NOT PANIC.
Big thanks to Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) for demonstrating the phases of the Earthquake Drill and providing such an authentic rehearsal experience.
Created at: 2016-02-04 09:16:43Categories:
- Early Bird Discount | Receive a 50% Waiver on Your First Year Tuition Fees
- TBC Industry Advisors, Prof Tim Gocher has been awarded an OBE by Queen Elizabeth II of England
- British Mountaineer Adrianna Brownleee gave a Talk at The British Model College
- A Level Students Take a Tour of Chitwan
- TBC Nominated for the CSA Programme
- Sexual Assault and Harassament: How to Give & Receive Help
- The British Professional College World Topper Does It Again
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 24th May
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 20th May
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 18th May