The British College Launch / Host / Hold ‘TBC Marketplace’ 2022
On the 22nd July, The British College held their first annual “TBC Marketplace” event. Designed as a part of the Level 3 BBA curriculum, first year students created 18 stalls, all selling different products from local businesses.
Taking place on the ground floor of the Trade Tower Building, Thapathali, students were tasked with approaching the businesses, gaining sponsorship, designing the branding, and selling the products. The practical assignment contributed to 40% of their overall grade and all proceeds will be donated to charity.
Saurav Satyal, Head of the BBA programme, said of the Marketplace, “At TBC we encourage students to get real world exposure through practical learning and academia - and this event is a great example of that. It’s an opportunity for the students to get their hands dirty and put their studies into practice”.
The stalls were open from 8:30am - 4pm and ranged from hot food to desserts, jewelry, art, cosmetics, and phone accessories. Everyone was welcome, both from inside and outside of the College, and in total the event attracted over 1500 people.
Amardeep Mandal, Head of Marketing, commented that, “It’s great to see first year students receiving this much exposure so early on in their studies. The TBC Marketplace has been an enormous success and we look forward to many more exciting events to come in the future”.
Created at: 2022-08-01 06:54:38Categories:
- PSU Thailand Trip 2022
- The British College Announce They Will Host The Hult Prize 2023
- ACCA Dhampus Pokhara Tour for Knowledge-Level Students
- Industrial Visit to Sipradi HO for ACCA Professional Level Students
- TBC Graduation Ceremony 2022
- Post Event Reflection | TBC Job Fair 3.0
- TBC Job Fair 3.0
- Interactive ACCA Orientation Programme
- The Third British Cup 2022
- TBC Early Bird Offer Has Been Extended ! Receive a 50% Waiver on Your First Year Tuition Fees