PSW VISA Press Release 2021 | The British College
An exciting new announcement from the UK Government will give future students of The British College, (Kathmandu), the opportunity to work in the UK after they graduate.
At the moment, any international travel or work is difficult due to the pandemic. However, students who sign up now to study undergraduate courses at The British College will be allowed to transfer to the UK after completing one to two years of study. Then, by the time they graduate, they will qualify for the new ‘Graduate Route’ that the UK has introduced.
As a part of the UK’s mission to recruit some of the best talents from around the world, this new graduate visa scheme will be open to all international students – including those from Nepal – who have successfully completed a course of study at undergraduate level or above, at an approved UK Higher Education Provider. This includes the two leading UK universities that The British College is currently running courses in partnership within Nepal: The University of the West of England (UWE) and Leeds Beckett University (LBU).
This means that Students completing bachelor courses at The British College will be able to transfer to Masters Courses in the UK and then be eligible for an automatic two years work visa. Furthermore, after two years, if students have secured a permanent job they will then be also allowed to extend their work visa further. If a student then continues to work in the UK on a work visa for five years, they will be eligible for permanent residency (indefinite leave to remain: ILR).
While the pandemic continues, and students stay in Nepal to priorities health and family - TBC believes that this is the time for them to plan their future. At TBC students can receive a world-class education, a degree awarded from a British University, and the opportunity to work in the UK when they graduate. So, for any College seekers currently dreaming of travelling to the UK or working internationally, then this could be the perfect opportunity.
Students from BBA (Hons), BSc (Hons) Computing and BSc (Hons) Hospitality Business Management (BHM) discipline will benefit from this announcement.
Created at: 2021-01-25 11:13:13Categories:
- Business Intelligence | An Online Course By Ayush Subedi
- TBC Student Counselling and Well being Unit
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result - 21st June 2021
- A Levels - Computer Based Entrance Test Result
- Press Release | National Innovation Center and The British College
- A Level Entrance Exam Result: Schedule for Interview Round
- Pre Event Press Release | TBC JOB Fair 2021
- Press Release | The British College Undergraduate Orientation Programme 2021
- Workshop on Operations and Logistics Management for MBA & EMBA students
- Orientation Programme for New Undergraduate BSc (Hons) Computing, BBA, and BHM Students