- Heal the Earth: A Musical Evening with Ani Choying Drolma
- Felicitation Ceremony: Celebrating Students
- Kantipur Half Marathon 2022 | In Association With The British College
- Fonepay Digital Economy Conclave 2022
- Conquer the Mountains: A Talk From Adrianna Brownlee
- A Level Prom Night
- Community Service & Outreach Club Orphanage Programme
- Guest lecture session on "Business Consultancy - A Practinoner's Perpective" by Mr Ashutosh Tiwari
- Guest lecture session on "Leading Innovation for An Enterprising Nepal" by Mr. Pukar Malla
- TBC Distinguished Guest Lecture Series II - Session 3 | Dr Prof Helen King
Community Service & Outreach Club Orphanage Programme
15 Apr 2022 12:25 PM
Venue: Surya Children Welfare Service Centre, Manbhawan, Lalitpur
This month, the students of British Model College (BMC) went beyond their classrooms to give back to their community in their own gifted way and took part in the Community Service & Outreach Club (CSO) Orphanage Programme.
Several on-campus student clubs, including the BMC CSO, Music, and Dance Clubs, collaborated to support Surya Children Welfare Service Centre (Manbhawan, Lalitpur) - a local orphanage that has long provided care for Nepali children.
Recognising this, the A-Level students gladly stepped up without hesitation - and led by the Community Service & Outreach Club, a fundraiser was organised within the campus to collect donations and supplies from students and faculty, from both the A-Level and ACCA programmes. As a result, a total of approximately NPR 13,000 was raised and a number of supplies were graciously donated that included stationary, art supplies, books, and kitchen items.
A group of students then visited the orphanage on 15th April to present the donations to the director of the centre and to bring a little extra cheer to the children. The talented members of the Music and Dance Clubs joined the group to share live music and art with the kids who shared their own song and dance talents in return! The merry, sunny day came to a close with several games that included races and musical chairs - and after distributing wrapped prizes, everyone waved their farewells.
We would like to extend a massive "thank you" to everyone that helped to support the cause and to The Surya Children Welfare Service for their warm welcome, hospitality, and the amazing service they so compassionately provide.
If you are interested in donating or volunteering for the orphanage, you can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (9841310229) to find more information. You can also find their group page on Facebook to read about their mission and goals for the orphanage.