Everything You should Know about BSc (Hons) Computing at The British College.
Published on: 2016-11-23 10:09:18
BSc (Hons) Computing at The British College is run in partnership with Leeds Beckett University. The course is designed to provide students with highly sought-after skills in computer programming, database development, networking, website development and systems modelling which are the vital skills for current industry. This course will allow you to work on real-world projects, focusing on a specialist area of your choice such as mobile communications, web technology and database or software development.
The objectives of the programme are to provide students with:
- Practical skills along with theoretical knowledge of established techniques of analysis, design and system development in the global market.
- A thorough knowledge of and a precarious understanding of key aspects of computing, from the forefront of the discipline.
- The aptitude to embark on computing projects to a professional standards by the consistent application and review of development, management and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Involvement in co-operative working through group projects.
- Professional level skills in technical and report writing, presentations along with public speaking.
- The ability to independently undertake research and critically evaluate arguments, assumptions, abstract concepts and data.
- a broad understanding of IT Industry that enables them to be enterprising in devising and sustaining arguments and solving problems using innovative ideas and implementing learned techniques in a multicultural and globalizing world
- UK standard teaching rooms
- State-of-the-art computer labs (Open access Computer lab, Computer forensic & security lab)
- Highly qualified teachers and engineers
- Modern library with access to international course books, journals and other printed material
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- A subscription to Microsoft's Developer Network (MSDN)
- Access to career counselling and employers through work visits, seminars and other activities.
- Opportunities to gain professional and leadership skills.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
BSc (Hons) Computing has been designed to provide students seeking to embark on a computing career with particular emphasis on the following roles:-
- software developers or engineers,
- web developers,
- Database developers or administrators and
- Network architects and technicians.
On completion of BSc (Hons) Computing students may also proceed to a postgraduate course in a related subject area. The British College has a number of industry links through which students can obtain placement opportunities. Alternately, our students will be fully equipped to create their own IT start-up company as well.
Click here to learn More about the programme and the course Syllabus: BSc (Hons) Computing
- Mental Health Maintenance
- Preparing for University: How A Levels Can Help You Succeed
- Choosing the Best College for A Levels in Kathmandu
- My Journey at BMC
- Mental Health Issues Affect Men Differently
- Ask the Alumni
- “New Year, New Me”
- The British College Experience
- TBC has World Cup Fever!
- VAMOS, BMC!