BSc CSIT in Nepal
Published on: 2021-01-19 06:09:17
BSc (Hons) Computing
It can be really hard to choose the right course for your higher education, especially if you are planning to pursue a career in the Information & Technology industry. So, one must choose a course based on what they are prepared for. There are several IT courses in Nepal, but what is the right course for you?
Well, BSc (Hons) Computing is one of the popular courses of IT in Nepal among various others. It can also be called 'An accelerated alternative to BSc CSIT'. In this guide, we explain what Bsc Computing is, its scope, why should you study it here at The British College, etc. for you to choose the right course for your future.
What is BSc (Hons) Computing?
BSc (Hons) Computing is one of the most popular programs in the IT domain. This field has the potential to propel your career. It is a consistently growing field with a large variety of job opportunities both in India and abroad as the industry and demand grow. This degree can lead you to profiles like computer scientist or an information systems manager or a networking specialist whose job is to draw the technological roadmap for the organisation, ensure efficient management of the available computer facilities, handle smooth functioning of the local area and wide area networking, implement cybersecurity systems, look after software and hardware system upgrading, and manage system designing and technical analysis for the organisation.
It is a three-year-long program and has been specifically designed for aspirants looking for a career in computers. The course covers all aspects of computers right from the fundamentals of computers to database systems & advanced courses like C++, Java etc. Unlike other IT courses, BSc (Hons) Computing course is designed with a holistic approach to learning; it reaches beyond achieving isolated credits – There is a coherency of course at different levels with a balanced diet of assessment. It provides a coherent IT understanding with a balanced assessment diet.
The objectives of the programme are to provide students with:
- Practical skills along with theoretical knowledge of established techniques of analysis, design and system development in the global market.
- Thorough knowledge of and a precarious understanding of key aspects of computing, from the forefront of the discipline.
- The aptitude to embark on computing projects to professional standards by the consistent application and review of development, management and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Involvement in co-operative working through group projects.
- Professional-level skills in technical and report writing, presentations along with public speaking.
- The ability to independently undertake research and critically evaluate arguments, assumptions, abstract concepts and data.
- a broad understanding of IT Industry that enables them to be enterprising in devising and sustaining arguments and solving problems using innovative ideas and implementing learned techniques in a multicultural and globalizing world.
Benefits of studying BSc (Hons) Computing
The BSc (Hons) Computing Programme at The British College is run in partnership with Leeds Beckett University, UK. Students studying this course will gain highly sought-after skills in computer programming, database development, networking, website development, systems modelling, and computer security. This course is equivalent to BSc CSIT and BIT in Nepal. These are vital skills for gaining entry into organisations which demand confident and technically equipped computing graduates. BSc (Hons) Computing has been designed to provide students seeking to embark on a computing career with particular emphasis on the following roles:-
- software developers or engineers,
- web developers,
- Database developers or administrators and
- Network architects and technicians.
On completion of BSc (Hons), Computing students may also proceed to a postgraduate course in a related subject area. The British College has several industry links through which students can obtain placement opportunities. Alternately, our students will be fully equipped to create their own IT start-up company as well.
These are the criteria if you want to enrol in The British College BSC (Hons) Computing Programme.
Students must have completed 10+2/CBSE or equivalent with 55% and above aggregate score. While in the case of A-Level the student must have a minimum credit of 3.5 credits with 3 full credits to enter in the foundation level. If you want a direct university entry, overall 75% & above with a minimum of 70% in each subject is required or IELTS Score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- UK standard teaching rooms (See 3D Tour)
- State-of-the-art computer labs (Open access Computer lab, Computer forensic & security lab)
- Highly qualified teachers and engineers
- Modern library with access to international course books, journals and other printed material
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- A subscription to Microsoft's Developer Network (MSDN)
- Access to career counselling and employers through work visits, seminars and other activities.
- Opportunities to gain professional and leadership skills.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
Duration: 4 Years (including Foundation Level)
Intakes: January/ February & August/September
The average cost of BSc (Hons) Computing in The British College is 12 to 14 Lakhs and £2850 Registration/Exam Fee. The fee does not include Nrs. 50,000/- Refundable Security Deposit, Books and Stationery Cost and 15% Additional Education Service Tax as per Government of Nepal.
Though the course provided here is more expensive than others. But you can see the opportunity and advantage that you will be getting. You will get an international degree from one of the prestigious universities in the UK. And more of, a huge opportunity for an internship where you can learn a lot. Getting a UK degree at a lower price.
Why Choose TBC?
TBC is home for students willing to meet challenges and stretch intellectual boundaries. Each student is encouraged to challenge ideas, exposing the class to a wide assortment of perspectives. This helps them think independently, reason effectively, and learn successfully. The students also engage in a wide variety of extracurricular activities that further help hone their sportsmanship and social skills.
As one of the leading pioneer colleges in Nepal, providing students with an internationally recognised degree, TBC aims to guide and inspire students with an outstanding learning experience. Furthermore, our partnership with universities and organisations, national and international, along with our exceptional student facilities in the college ensures a wide range of opportunities, both academically and professionally.
- Get value for money with a quality UK Degree at a local cost. Gain the same prestigious UK degree at one-fifth of the price.
- Our overall quality (student experience, academic standards, and programme delivery) is underpinned by adherence to the UK Quality Assurance Agency’s Quality Code.
- The student will earn a direct university degree rather than a degree awarded through a third party.
- To ensure that students get the education they deserve we have staff with international academic qualifications from the UK, USA, Australia and India. We are dedicated to providing students with a complete international learning experience.
- Linked with various academic institutions, TBC students have access to regular guest lecturers and speakers from the UK and other countries as well as from reputed corporate houses and public institutions in Nepal.
- Scholarships are provided for deserving students.