- TBC Graduation Ceremony 2019
- TBC Fresher’s and Farewell Party 2019
- 2nd British Cup 2019 - Inter College Futsal Tournament
- A Level Orientation Programme 2019
- One Million Trees Campaign: Environment Day Special Programme
- TBC Job Fair and Placement Day 2019
- TBC Charity Movie Show 'Avengers Endgame'
- TBC Holi Festival 2019
- TBC Nepal Fifa19 Championship
- 1ST TBC Inter-College Photography Competition
1ST TBC Inter-College Photography Competition
19 Feb 2019 11:00 AM
Venue: The British College, Kathmandu
The British College Cordially invites all the photography enthusiast currently pursuing their higher education in different colleges and universities of Nepal to our first ever Inter-College Photography Competition. The judges are looking to award the best single images from across the following 3 diverse categories: Travel, College life, and Sport.
Submit your best single image to the competition with a chance to win Rs.15,000/- for each theme.
• Aim and Objective:
The objective of the contest is to encourage students interested in photography. The competition also aims to bring young student photographers a common platform so that they can learn and think, share and explore the world through photographic eyes.
1. Themes: Travel / College Life / Sports
2. Registration Form: https://www.thebritishcollege.edu.np/photo-contest
3. Submission Period: Submission period will continue til 11:59 pm 16th January 2019.
4. Exhibition Schedule: February 15, 2019
5. Venue: Trade Tower, The British College (2nd Floor), Thapathali
6. Registration Fee: Rs.100 /-
7. Registered Participants will have:
- Certificate of Participation
- Certificates, medals, and trophies for winners
Open for all Nepali college and university students.
• General Guidelines:
The themes of the exhibition are Travel, College Life and Sports. We expect a diverse range of works within these categories to portray the outstanding creativity, imagination and visual expertise by all Nepali college and university students.
1. Each participant is requested to submit his or her single best photo with a suitable caption. You have the option to submit your photo for each theme.
2. Each photo must be named as _Phone Number_Your Name_College Name
3. For example: Sunset_017XXXXXXXX _john / The British College
4. Size of photos must not exceed 25MB.
5. Photographs must be submitted in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
6. All digital files must be in JPEG format, and at least 3,000 pixels, minimum resolution should be 300 ppi. [ideal for printing]
7. No border and watermarks are allowed.
8. You have to send your photo with a Suitable Title, Your Name, Phone Number and College Name.
9. Title/Caption for the photo is also required.
• Selection List:
Selected participant’s list will be published on our Facebook event.
The Title winner will be awarded an NRS 15000/- cash prize for each theme.
10% discount depending on booking class and fare to the students from Turkish Airlines.
• TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The photographer must be the sole owner of his/her work. The participants themselves will be responsible for any copyright violation.
2. You can either participate in all three themes or just one.
3. You are allowed to submit only one photo for each theme.
4. Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping. Any further changes to the original photograph render the photograph ineligible for the exhibition.
5. Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person's art.
6. The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
For any queries, contact us at 9801134319 / 9801134338