Trekking to Tilicho Lake
Tilicho is a short trekking adventure which explores a difficult trekking trail and allows hikers to view the beautiful Tilicho Lake. At 4920 meters, Tilicho is the highest lake in the world. Herds of blue sheep and Yaks are another attraction of this trek. Tilicho Lake Trek starts from Beshisahar, Lamjung district’s headquarter which is located to the west of Nepal. After a seven-hour journey from Kathmandu, the bus of British College students began to pass through small villages, and by following Marsyangdi River they reached Manag. The picturesque views are a combination of high peaks and passes, glaciers, lovely forests and unique viewpoints of the world famous Himalayas.
The students enjoyed some brilliant food, and the opportunity to relax and socialise in lodges on the way up in preparation for their big climb. The students also had the privilege of driving in a local reserved jeep on a private pathway. After their days of travel, rest and acclimatisation, the time came for the hiking to begin. The Gangapurna Lake was frozen over and provided dazzling and unforgettable views. Parts of the trek involved passing regions that have endured many landslides which served as a reminder of the sheer force that these natural formations are capable of. The latter part of the trek really tested the endurance of the students and following a 4-hour intensive climb up, they were rewarded with the spectacle of Tililicho Lake. For the last part of the trail, the happy hikers took the long pathway back to Manang. The students returned to Pokhara and enjoyed a couple of day’s recovery and relaxation, and lastly took the road back to Kathmandu. This Tilicho trekking adventure allowed students a beautiful, challenging, and rewarding time. All in all, a breathtaking experience!
Created at: 2018-06-07 07:41:16Categories:
- The Third Day of Grooming Session
- The Second Day of Grooming Session
- The First Day of Grooming Session.
- ACCA Exposure Visit to the Supreme Court of Nepal
- TBC Triumphs in the KCM Devil's Cup 2019
- Interaction Session With Ms Amalie Snolos
- A Level Entrance Test Result, 5th May 2019
- BCAN Blood Donation Programme at The British College
- Award Ceremony for Sports Meet 2019 and Intra-College Esports Tournament 2019
- ACCA Trek to the Beautiful 'Old Ghandruk Village'