Trekking to Tilicho Lake
Tilicho is a short trekking adventure which explores a difficult trekking trail and allows hikers to view the beautiful Tilicho Lake. At 4920 meters, Tilicho is the highest lake in the world. Herds of blue sheep and Yaks are another attraction of this trek. Tilicho Lake Trek starts from Beshisahar, Lamjung district’s headquarter which is located to the west of Nepal. After a seven-hour journey from Kathmandu, the bus of British College students began to pass through small villages, and by following Marsyangdi River they reached Manag. The picturesque views are a combination of high peaks and passes, glaciers, lovely forests and unique viewpoints of the world famous Himalayas.
The students enjoyed some brilliant food, and the opportunity to relax and socialise in lodges on the way up in preparation for their big climb. The students also had the privilege of driving in a local reserved jeep on a private pathway. After their days of travel, rest and acclimatisation, the time came for the hiking to begin. The Gangapurna Lake was frozen over and provided dazzling and unforgettable views. Parts of the trek involved passing regions that have endured many landslides which served as a reminder of the sheer force that these natural formations are capable of. The latter part of the trek really tested the endurance of the students and following a 4-hour intensive climb up, they were rewarded with the spectacle of Tililicho Lake. For the last part of the trail, the happy hikers took the long pathway back to Manang. The students returned to Pokhara and enjoyed a couple of day’s recovery and relaxation, and lastly took the road back to Kathmandu. This Tilicho trekking adventure allowed students a beautiful, challenging, and rewarding time. All in all, a breathtaking experience!
Created at: 2018-06-07 07:41:16Categories:
- One Day Tuberculosis Awareness Programme at The British College
- International Workshop on Multidisciplinary Research in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Bachelor’s Orientation Programme 2018 at Hyatt Regency
- Formulating Marketing Strategy Session by Samsung Mobile
- Master’s Orientation Workshop
- Teej Celebration at TBC
- TBC held its 4th Graduation Ceremony 2018 for 225 students
- Welcome and Farewell Party at Club Déjà Vu
- Teacher's Day Celebration
- 3rd place in the Daraz Championship Case Study 2018