ACCA Exposure Visit to the Supreme Court of Nepal
Accounting professionals are required to contribute to the legal system in various roles. Practical knowledge of legal procedures enables accounting professional to facilitate the judiciary in delivering justice in its right spirit., however, accounting students lack this practical empowerment and thus may not be able to contribute to the justice system in the best way during their professional life.
Therefore, we decided to offer exposure to real life courtroom procedures to our ACCA students, in order to enhance their knowledge and confidence. On the initiative of corporate and business law (LW) faculty, Pooja Khatri, British Professional College, conducted an exposure visit for ACCA students at the Supreme Court of Nepal on 13th May 2019 with the following objectives:
- A hands on approach towards a better understanding of the Domestic Legal System
- Practical experience of court hearing and process.
- Know-how of legal system.
The visit was planned for the ACCA Corporate and Business Law (LW) students and was accompanied by Mr. Nripesh Shrestha (Programme Manager), Mr. Dipendra K Shrestha (Associate Programme Manager), and Ms. Pooja Khatri (ACCA-LW Faculty). The students were welcomed by the section officer of Nepal, Mr. Neetiz Rai. The students then lined up to witness the session and were briefed about the processes and operations undertaken by the registrar to deliver the final session.
The students had the opportunity to observe the entire session, and after the visit had a chance to interact and discover more about the procedures followed by the court. We would like to express our appreciation and thanks to the Supreme Court. The visit was an elevating experience for our students as they had the opportunity to gain a deep insight into the functioning and operations of the Nepalese legal system.
Created at: 2019-05-16 09:38:53Categories:
- Prof Mary Bishop | Executive Principal to The British College
- PSW VISA Press Release 2021 | The British College
- The British College launches BHM Course | Press Release
- 4th Workshop on 'Art of Investor Presentation'
- Hult Prize at TBC Idea Sharing Session - Post Event Reflection
- Workshop on Leadership and Communication conducted by The British College
- The British College’s Partner - Top 20 in the UK
- Role of Business Incubators in Entrepreneurship Development Reflection
- Prof Mary Bishop - Interim Principal to The British College
- South Asia & Pandemic: Collaboration is the only way out!