Cambridge Business English Certificate
Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC) courses and qualifications at The British College – the key to a successful business career.
The Cambridge Business English Certificates (BEC) is an internationally recognised qualification in English, accepted by employers and universities in more than 60 countries.
It is taken by professionals who want to improve their workplace skills and employment prospects and by students studying Business in an international context.
Why study BEC at The British College?
- You will gain a Business English qualification in Nepal that is recognised by employers and academic institutions worldwide
- BEC gives you the opportunity to learn practical workplace English skills with highly experienced native speaker trainers
- Preparing for BEC will improve your confidence in using business English, particularly in speaking and business correspondence
- You will have access to world-class facilities in centrally located premises in Kathmandu
- Classes at times to suit working professionals
BEC Preliminary includes tests of speaking and listening, reading and writing and is designed for candidates who want to improve their confidence in English, especially speaking.
During the course you will practice writing reports, charts and advertisements, as well as short emails and memos. You will also take part discussions and give short presentations. The listening component of the course involves understanding short business-related discussions and conversations.
BEC Vantage is suitable for candidates who have a good level of confidence and fluency in using English in a business context.
The tasks are more complex than at Preliminary level and include reading longer business reports and company documents, writing letters or proposals, listening to short discussions and contributing to a discussion about a business topic.
Some of the companies whose employees have taken BEC
- Aptech Ltd
- Bank of America
- Hewlett Packard
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- Infosys Technologies Ltd
- Johnson and Johnson
- Oberoi Hotels
- Tata Infotech Ltd
- World Bank
.....and many more
For course start date contact The British College