BCAN Blood Donation Programme at The British College
On April 29th, The British College Alumni Network (BCAN) organised a ‘Blood Donation Programme’ in association with Life Bank and The British College - TBC Hub. The Blood donation programme was organised by BCAN to address and contribute to the constant blood demand in our community. This programme ran in collaboration with the Himal Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
On this charitable event, Associate Dean of The British College, Mr. Arun Lal Joshi thanked the organisers for their initiative and the donors for their enthusiastic participation to this philanthropic event. He said that participating in such ECA programmes contributes to the development of health and happiness and create moral values. Thus, along with managing their studies, students should try to be as involved as possible in extracurricular social activities, and take from the fine example given today by the students who organised the event.
The volunteers from students spent extensive hours in service of blood collection. We are extremely proud to share that we have collected 29 pints of blood and there were 50 walk-ins. The college is happy and proud of the participating students along with the staff for being able to collect such a vast amount, which will go on to help people who are in critical need of it. We believe that many lives will have been saved due to the selflessness of the volunteers today. The social journey does not end here. TBC students and staff will continue their social activities in the future too.
We would like to thank everyone who has helped to make today's blood donation program a grand success. Special thanks go to all those people who participated in this program and hope they enjoy the feeling of accomplishment knowing that, today, they have helped save lives.
Created at: 2019-04-29 12:55:03Categories:
- ACCA Orientation Programme 2019
- British Model College Teacher's Day Celebration
- 2nd British Cup: Inter College Futsal Tournament
- The British College Supports the Food for Life Nepal Charity Project
- A Levels Orientation Programme 2019
- Nitesh Manandhar Gets Selected for U23, 2019 Gyeongju ASTC Triathlon Asian Championship
- Reflection & Learning Session
- Faculty Development Session
- One Million Trees Campaign: Environment Day Special Programme
- Workshop for BBA Foundation Level Students