- BMC Poetry Competition 2022
- FREE Workshop on Becoming a Master Manager with Sumnima Dewan
- Business and Hospitality Management (BHM) programme Practical Session at The British Cafe
- Understanding Economics for Stock Market Analysis | PGBM Summer Course
- Internet Of Things (IoT) Lab at The British College
- Heal the Earth: A Musical Evening with Ani Choying Drolma
- Felicitation Ceremony: Celebrating Students
- Kantipur Half Marathon 2022 | In Association With The British College
- Fonepay Digital Economy Conclave 2022
- Conquer the Mountains: A Talk From Adrianna Brownlee
BMC Poetry Competition 2022
20 Jul 2022 12:00 PM
Venue: The British College, Lalitpur Campus
The British Model College hosted its annual Poetry Competition on Wednesday 20th July with a passion-filled recital that celebrated the six selected finalists competing for first place.
Each competing student submitted original poems of varying styles and languages which the judging panel reviewed before selecting their favorites. The poems were allowed to be on any theme that the entrants chose which led to stories about love, Nepal, family, and society.
After narrowing the submissions down to the finalists, the College then gathered for a recital where the competitors shared their poems in front of a panel of judges and the audience.The judges then listened intently to each poem before giving scores for stage presence, dramatic performance, complexity, and clarity.
The final scores were incredibly close, but in the end there was a clear winner: Third place was awarded to Mr. Utsav Bhurtel; Second place went to Mr. Prakalpa Karki; and the champion of this year’s BMC Poetry Competition and the first place prize was Mr. Aditya Dev Joshi - who delivered an original, traditional Nepali poem in honor of famed poet, Bhanubhakta Acharya.
With the success of the 2022 BMC Poetry Competition, we can’t wait to see what will happen next year!