Choosing the Best College for A Levels in Kathmandu
Published on: 2023-03-31 01:19:48
With a population of around one million just in the metropolitan area alone, it is no surprise that Kathmandu, the capital and most populous city of Nepal, has tons of options when it comes to higher education.
The metropolis boasts over 350 colleges, most of which fall under the local National Examinations Board +2 programme, with smaller proportions hosting international courses such as the Indian CBSE +2, and Swiss IB - however, only around 20 colleges offer Cambridge Advanced Levels. But how do you choose which one is the best for you?
Well, the first point to consider is the college itself - from its public reputation to its facilities and ambiance. What is the general public’s opinion on the institution? Is it ranked within any Top 10s or Top 5s? Also take a look at how past students have done, to get an idea of the type of success you can achieve at the institution. At BMC for example we have four students who have become Nepal Toppers in the 2021 exam series.
As per the facilities, is the school well-located? Go there, meet the staff and have a tour around the premises. How do you find the college’s environment? Do you feel safe and comfortable? If so, give this college a check in your list! It might be what you’re looking for.
And the second crucial aspect is the academics. While A Levels is designed to give students freedom of subject choice, colleges are also free to pick and offer the subjects they want. Make sure your target college has a broad spectrum of options, and that you are truly free to select the ones you are keen on. Remember A Levels is an international programme, therefore English will be compulsory! Along with the academics, keep an eye on the extra-academic activities. Do they offer sports, outreach projects, clubs, and events? What about the faculty? And if you feel happy with what you hear and see - then keep checking those boxes!
There are a number of factors to keep in mind when picking the right A Levels college for you - including the institution and its premises, the academics and activities, and of course the reputation and success stories. And if these match your own personal interests then you have found the right fit for you!
We would love to invite you to check out the British Model College in our Chakupat Campus, Patan, and judge for yourself. We are confident that our top notch facilities, our rich scope of subject choices and co-curricular activities, as well as our experienced and friendly faculty and staff, will make BMC a great option for you.
- Igniting Diplomacy: MUN Conference Begins with Inspirational Opening Ceremony
- The British College Launch Brand New BHM Programme With Unique Global Opportunities
- How AI is Shaping the Future of Nepal
- Exploring China's Societal, Cultural and Business Dynamics In the Context Of Nepal
- A Triumph of Collaboration and Teamwork - My Experience at SPECTRUM 2023 by Aastha Thing (BBA L4)
- BMC Take Part in the Global Intercollege Futsal Tournament
- Your World | Video Competition 2022-23
- Nepal Celebrates Pride Month By Making History
- Elevate Your Leadership Journey with an MBA or EMBA of Leeds Beckett University at TBC
- Safeguarding Nepal's Digital Future: The Importance of Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics