Vacancy announcement for Full-time Faculty - BBA
Full-time Faculty (BBA) - 1
Full-time Faculty (BBA)
Full-time Faculty Standard Work Load
Note: Adjustments to teaching responsibilities may be made in accordance with the college's workload policy based on the type of courses to which Full-time Faculty are assigned and the extent of their responsibilities in other areas.
- Teach as a member of a teaching team, within a predefined programme of study, in a variety of settings from small group tutorials to large lectures;
- Be willing to teach students across a range of levels from level 3 to level 6.
- Plan and organize learning experiences which takes account of the range of ability and prior achievement of students within a class set and the individual learning needs of students.
- Use, or oversee, a range of appropriate teaching and assessment strategies which incorporate processes to ensure that effective learning has taken place.
- Fully adhere to the University / College assessment policy and procedures.
- Fully utilize teaching time to support learners and liaise with Personal Tutor and Additional Learning Support teams as appropriate.
- Make effective use of resources and learning technology including using the College/University VLE appropriate to the subject matter/skill being taught.
- Promote academic integrity and focus on educating students about good academic practice including use of Turnitin from the start of their course.
- To teach according to curriculum requirements, as required by your timetable.
- Supervise the work of students, including projects, field trips and where appropriate, dissertations and/or placements;
- To participate in the creation of Schemes of Work and other materials for teaching and learning as requested.
- To take responsibility for a tutor group. You will carry out the related duties as agreed and in accordance with the description of the personal tutor role.
- Organize co-curricular activities such as guest lectures, workshops, seminars, training sessions appropriate for teaching and learning.
- Carry out assessment including the design of assessment methods and criteria (for Foundation/ Pre Master course), marking assessments, ensuring adequate moderation resources, providing written/oral feedback, and collating and providing final assessments of students;
- In case of unavoidable circumstances such as natural calamities, political disturbances and pandemic, if required, the Faculty is expected to deliver and record the course online via the platform recommended by the College/University.
- Curriculum Development
- Contribute to curriculum development and diversification in the subject area in College Foundation Courses.
- Contribute to the enrichment programme across college.
- Reflect on practice and the development of own teaching and learning skills;
- Seek ways of improving personal performance by reflection on teaching design and delivery, and by obtaining and analyzing feedback from students, peers and senior colleagues;
- Develop the skills of applying appropriate approaches to teaching;
- Engage in the scholarship and or professional development necessary to ensure up-to-date knowledge of the subject area(s);
- Participate in appropriate staff development activities, such as induction and other training programmes and meetings as required.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team to share good practice.
- Work flexibly providing cover for absent colleagues when required.
- Participate in continual professional development and coaching and mentoring to enhance subject knowledge and share and transfer good practice.
- Take responsibility for promoting good standards of student behavior and conduct both within lessons and around the College.
- Implement and monitor/report breaches of the Student Disciplinary policy as required.
- Support for Students
- Work collaboratively with support teams and personal tutors to ensure that all students, regardless of ability receive the support they need to achieve their potential.
- Learner Involvement
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Learner Involvement Strategy in order to improve the quality of provision and to respond appropriately to learner needs.
- Respond to the learner voice by adapting approaches to teaching, learning and assessment to meet individual learner needs.
- Provide students with subject-specific support in line with their Individual Learning Plans.
- Produce reports and references for students as required and attend parents’ meetings.
- Monitor and review students’ progress in line with the College’s student tracking systems and make appropriate interventions as and when required.
- Quality Assurance
- Seek to continually improve standards.
- Demonstrate effectiveness by achieving excellent levels of student retention.
- Contribute to the Self-Assessment Report and Quality Improvement Plan within the area.
- Participate in the College’s Performance Management and Appraisal System as required.
- Demonstrate, as a result of teaching, that students achieve well relative to students’ prior achievement (and special needs where appropriate).
- Equality and Diversity
- Create a purposeful, positive and supportive teaching environment, sensitive to equality and diversity.
- Management Information and Administration
- Keep accurate and up to date records of student attendance in lessons.
- Keep accurate records of set work, marks obtained and student concerns and commendations using the College’s student tracking system such as Orbund System.
- Attend College events, briefings and meetings as part of the College’ schedule e.g. interview evenings, parents’ meetings, open events.
- Use the College’s systems, policies and procedures to communicate issues as necessary.
- Regular contact and liaison with the UK Module Leader on all matters regarding curriculum, teaching and learning. Where appropriate University Module Leader will provide the necessary guidance, direction on those aspects of the work;
- Use the College data systems to record information on students as required.
- Work collaboratively with all College teams in the best interest of learners.
- Marketing and Liaison
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion activities of the College and the subject area.
- Participate in systems for the recruitment and induction of students.
- Management of Resources
- Manage teaching and learning resources appropriately and to best effect.
- Contribute to departmental resources and ensure these are available on the University/College VLE.
- Contribute to achieving the college vision, mission and strategy objectives.
- Support the values of the College in all aspects of your work.
- Follow good practice and college policy in all aspects of the work and in the management of resources.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and general responsibilities of the post.
Qualification and Requirements
- Should have a Master’s Degree, Preferably from a UK university.
- Should be a recent graduate, who has completed his/her masters in the 1-3 years duration.
- Teaching experience in foreign-affiliated university is preferred but not mandatory.
- Should be aware of UK curriculum standards and working mechanisms.
- Should be well versed in General Management Modules and also Accounting and Finance.
- Should have focused on Research and academia.
Notes: The job description sets out the main responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and the associate is expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities he/she undertakes.
Please forward your CV/Resume with a cover letter to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy announcement for Full-time Faculty - BBA
- The British College Vacancies
- Vacancies on Admissions
- Vacancies on Marketing Department
- Vacancies on A-Level Programme
- Vacancies on Academics
- Vacancies on Library
- Vacancy Announcement for Full-time Faculty - BSc Computing - MSc IT
- Vacancy announcement for Full-time Faculty - BBA
- Vacancy Announcement for Project Manager
- Vacancy Announcement for Registry Examinations Manager
- Vacancy Announcement for Quality and Compliance Officer
- Vacancy Announcement for Executive Assistant
- Vacancy Announcement for Principal
- Vacancy Announcement for Head Chef