Vacancies on Library
British Model College/British Professional College
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking-in, checking-out and circulation of library materials.
- Perform patron registration and transaction activities.
- Process new books, maintain circulation records and make reserves on requested books.
- Manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems.
- Maintain library materials including bibliographic and other library files.
- Assist staff in collecting, cataloguing, preparing, and organizing library materials according to established policies.
- Assist readers in finding books and help students and faculty with research problems and reference questions.
- Plan and prepare policies for the overall management of the library.
- Address administrative issues like collecting fines and managing reservations.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized environment.
- Edit bibliographic to add or remove items according to current library stock.
- Perform routine maintenance of library equipment including computers, audio-visual devices, printers, and photocopiers.
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item lists for removal, relocation and binding.
- Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials.
- Proper arrangement of the book with accurate classification and labelling procedure.
- Support in administrative work or any work that may be required.
- Writing minutes of meeting twice a month or whenever required.
Qualification and Requirement
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Experience of working in a library is preferable.
- Working with young people and meeting their particular needs and requirements.
- Teamwork and management skills
- Assessment of resources and library users' needs
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example, ICT resources or resource ordering
Note: This job description sets out the main responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and are expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities s/he undertakes.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
Please forward your CV/Resume with a cover letter to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies on Library
- The British College Vacancies
- Vacancies on Admissions
- Vacancies on Marketing Department
- Vacancies on A-Level Programme
- Vacancies on Academics
- Vacancies on Library
- Vacancy Announcement for Full-time Faculty - BSc Computing - MSc IT
- Vacancy announcement for Full-time Faculty - BBA
- Vacancy Announcement for Project Manager
- Vacancy Announcement for Registry Examinations Manager
- Vacancy Announcement for Quality and Compliance Officer
- Vacancy Announcement for Executive Assistant
- Vacancy Announcement for Principal
- Vacancy Announcement for Head Chef