Vacancies on Library
Job Title: Head Librarian
Company: The British College
No of Vacancy: 1
Employment Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelors in relevant field
Experience: 2+ years
Experience of working in a library, preferably in a school or college environment
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- Assist staffs, employees with finding reference materials and leisure reading materials when asked
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (e.g. staff, postgraduate students,)
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
- Promoting the library's resources to users
- Check books and other materials in and out of the library along with managing the new materials acquired.
- Maintain library inventory and conduct periodic audits of the information on file
- Help readers navigate the electronic records and periodicals
- Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs, in order to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
Note: The job description set out the main responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and the associate is expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities he/she undertakes